Another pride of Cebu is up in Marché. It is always surprising to see extraordinary talents from the Queen City of the South. We have never imagined to be reaching the Visayas at this early stage but we are so glad that we found very good photographers in one of the biggest cities in the country.
This is truly another Marché Finds and we will not stop looking for raw talents, creative minds and passionate to their craft.
Check out John Harold Lucas’ works and appreciate the beauty from Cebu! [nggallery id=8]
Photos by Jun Estacio Photography
The big day isn’t complete without those little details that will complement your wedding theme. As the saying goes, never forget the “4 Something’s” – Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue.
Today, we have compiled all the best wedding details captured by the lens of one of Marché’s treasured photographers, Jun Estacio. We just love how he gave life into each and every detail from different wedding clients of different motif.
MarcheTip: Hire a wedding photographer who is not just good in taking portraits. Hire someone who knows how to give life to details, someone who sees all small things, not just laughters and tears. [nggallery id=4]
Beach weddings are one way to get married. They certainly are not for everyone, but they are for some. Beach weddings do present “special issues”. Failing to consider these ahead of time could leave you unpleasantly surprised on your wedding day!
There is certainly nothing that should discourage you from your vision of a beautiful seaside ceremony. As a matter of fact, there are many benefits. Just know the issues and plan ahead for them. Your wedding day will be a wonderful and joyous event!
- A beach wedding can be less expensive than a traditional wedding. Who in this day and age can’t afford to save money?
- A beach wedding can be a casual affair. It allows everyone to relax. Your guests can dress comfortably.
- The wedding ceremony and reception can all be held right there on the beach. No need to travel to different locations. This is very convenient for everyone. Hey, even the kids can have fun at a beach wedding!
- A beach wedding allows you to involve everyone in the activities. Guests are not restricted to sitting quietly in their seats. They can actually be a part of the celebration!
- Beach weddings don’t always require a permit. If you are having a small ceremony and do not require a section of the beach to be blocked off…just do it! Simple yet lovely!
- There is no “right” or “wrong way” to plan a beachfront wedding. It can be large, small, romantic, whimsical or even downright goofy! You can pay big bucks and hire everything out, or, you can make everything yourself. The choice is completely yours!
- The most important thing to remember when planning a beach wedding is that “Mother Nature” rules!
- Depending on her mood, she can brighten your day or rain on your parade! When planning your celebration, be sure to plan an “alternate location” should the old girl be cranky that day!
- The beach is usually a bit breezy so take that into consideration when picking your location. Try to choose a “cove” on the beach that is protected from direct winds.
- Be sure to check with local authorities regarding any permits needed to use the beach. This should only be necessary if you are having a large gathering and you want to block off a portion of the beach exclusively for you and your guests. Ask to be sure though.
- Check on the “Beach Rules”. Ask questions. Can you have candles on the beach? Can you play music into the night? How late can you stay? Is there an area nearby for open fires should you choose to barbeque?
- There might be pets along the beach. You can expect them to attend your beach wedding, uninvited! As long as you keep food covered and don’t feed them, they will stay on the sidelines.
- Remember the tides. You definitely do not want to be surprised by the quick and unanticipated arrival of high tide!
- On the beach, there will be bugs and sunshine! Make sure you consider the comfort of your guests. Bring sunscreen and insect repellant for those who did not remember to bring their own.
- Chairs may sink in the sand if you do not rent flooring to place under them. However, if you are planning a “beach blanket” reception, you will not need chairs. Remember your elderly guests though. Plan for their safety and comfort. You will need to provide them with chairs and beach umbrellas to protect them from the elements.
Beach weddings are absolutely beautiful but nature does provide an element of uncertainty. Careful planning on your part will eliminate most of them. Just remember… If every hair is not in place due to the ocean breezes or a seagull drops off his “wedding gift” a little to close to the punch bowl… These are not flaws or imperfections in your day. They are “memories”! Cherish them and have fun!
By: Cindy English from http://bridesguidemagazine.com
Interview with Jervy Santiago of Visionary Photography
Q: HOW DID YOU COME UP WITH THE CONCEPT?
It started with a simple collaboration. Fresh ideas were infused with conventional ones. In the team, it has been a constant observation amongst fellow artists that those who lack proper grounding get “lost” along the way – or at least in the industry. So, you have to be able to see immerse yourself in the market to be constantly attune with the trends.
Also, you have to remember that trends remain as trends; you have to be able to infuse your own aesthetic so you can still genuinely call your work “yours”.
Q: What reactions do you usually get from people if they see the output?
One word – amazed. Being connected to your client is important. During our brainstorming process we always see to it that they (client) have enough inputs. We make sure that they “fall in love” with the concept before we push through with the project.
It can be a challenge for us sometimes because they can’t help but expect too much. One client tried so hard to persuade us to make her look like Angelina Jolie during a fighting scene – one which required her to jump over a table, in a wedding gown… wearing stilettos!
Q: CAN YOU TELL US ABOUT THE MOST DIFFICULT/INTERESTING PROJECT SO FAR?
It has always been the Archie & Friends-inspired pictorial that gets the vote. The most difficult would have to be our Dungeons & Dragons-inspired pictorial. We had to shoot the lengthy storyboard within 3 days considering that our clients are from Singapore (and first-timers in the Philippines at that!) Dungeons & Dragons is the most difficult because apparently, they haven’t settled their balances with us (hopefully YET) hahaha!
Q: As far as you know, are you the only artist in the country that offers this service?
We don’t think so.
Q: WHAT DIFFERENTIATES YOUR WORK FROM THE OTHERS?
The main similarity between us “like-minded” suppliers would have to be “the artsy side of photography”. However, unlike other photographers, we never contain ourselves to a certain look (say, the Kitschy trend). We don’t like boxing ourselves; we like to maintain our style as versatile as possible. Our themes are from sweet to grungy & everything in between.
Q: WHY SHOULD PEOPLE GET YOUR SERVICES?
Because we make dreams into reality, that’s why so, what’s there not to like? Kidding aside, I say, it’s still the comfort of both parties that truly matters. We go the extra mile to meet the demands of the client by asking them to draw a picture of how they want things done.
Directory page – Visionary Photography Hub [nggallery id=1]